‘Everyone makes mistakes, we too did... it will be a new campaign but we can’t plan it all’
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
What is the biggest lesson from the year since the April 5 fast?
The one good thing is the awareness created among the people without spending the crores that would otherwise be required for such an education and awakening. The issue of corruption has found a place in everyone's hearts. The country's youth has awakened, not because of Anna Hazare, but because of a greater force above.
Any disappointment, something you expected to happen but didn't?
What I'm doing is my karma; I'm doing it with no expectations. Where is the question of disappointment?
After the success in Delhi, were you disappointed about Mumbai?
The country was misled about Mumbai. Pictures were taken at a lean hour at the spots where few people were sitting and these were then splashed all over. We have our own pictures that show huge crowds.
Then why this feeling that your movement has lost its momentum?
Because I fell ill for about four-and-a-half months and was not able to go and lift the movement to the level I could have. Parties interpreted this as a slowdown of the movement.
Arvind Kejriwal asked the public for ways to take the movement forward. Did this amount to Team Anna not knowing the way ahead?
Why Arvind? I too blogged that we'd like the public to suggest what more we can do. We were ready to adopt a way suggested by the public if we found that viable or if anyone pointed out a fault in our methods. There is a public of 1.25 crore out there with much more knowledge than Team Anna has. We know about corruption, about Lokpal, but we are not gyanis on a lot of other issues.
Did allegations against Team Anna members add to the impression of a dilution in the movement?
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow