‘Honour killing’: Girl sent for medical check
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
A day after Ajit Saini and Anshu Tomar surfaced in Muzaffarnagar, after their alleged demise in an 'honour killing case', the police is yet to identify the body earlier assumed to be Ajit's. The body was recovered from a paddy field and the police as well as Ajit's family had identified it. Anshu's brother Anuj had even confessed to the 'honour killing'.
The Muzaffarnagar police sent Anshu Tomar to a women protection home in Saharanpur after seeking the court's permission while Ajit is being interrogated. The police also got a medical examination conducted on Anshu to ascertain her age and whether she had been raped. The report is awaited.
Muzaffarnagar SSP Praveen Kumar said the girl would remain at the protection home till her statement is recorded before the magistrate. He also said that Ajit has been handed over to one of his relatives with an undertaking that he would be available to the police when required.
A police official said Anuj (18) had been released on bail and Anshu's family had filed a complaint against Ajit for kidnapping her.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow