‘Academic pressure’ forces teen to commit suicide
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets put Pune Warriors on top
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
- Afghan Prez to seek Indian military aid amid Pakistan row
Soham Sanas (13), a class-VII student of P S Deshmukh English-Medium School, allegedly committed suicide by jumping into Bhatsa river at Shahapur in Thane Thursday, police said.
His suicide note said he was taking the step due to academic pressure. Shahapur Police said Soham's school bag was found hanging at the entrance to his house Thursday afternoon but he was nowhere to be seen.
When Soham did not return home till late evening, his mother informed his father and uncle. They found the suicide note and called police. The note to his parents read: "Tumhi mala changle shikavle, pan mee aata thaklo. Mee aata hey jag sodun jaato, tumhi naraaz hou naka. (you have taught me well, but I am tired of studying now. I am leaving this world, please don't be angry.)"
"The boy's body was found at 11 am Friday. We are probing why the boy took such a drastic step," a police officer said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet