‘Alias’ minister takes oath again
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
One of the new ministers of state in the Akhilesh Yadav government had to be administered the oath of office and secrecy a second time on Friday because he used his alias, not his actual name, the first time on Thursday.
Governor B L Joshi administered the oath to Tej Narain Pandey, MLA from Ayodhya, at Raj Bhavan. Yesterday, Pandey had taken oath as Pawan Pandey.
This is not the first time a SP leader has committed a faux pas during oath-taking. Last year, when the Akhilesh Yadav government was formed, senior SP leader Azam Khan did not read the oath properly. He was again administered the oath.
Pandey is a first-time minister and also first-time MLA. He is a former vice-president of the Lucknow University Students' Union, who has eight criminal cases pending in courts at Lucknow and Faizabad.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM