‘Book poll officials for seizing govt mouthpiece’
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A Rajkot-based criminal lawyer Tuesday submitted a complaint with Rajkot police chief demanding an FIR against Gujarat's chief electoral officer, Rajkot's collector and the head post master for seizing thousands of copies of the state government's mouthpiece Gujarat, which the lawyer subscribes.
Abhay Bhardwaj, who is the former president of Rajkot Bar Council, stated in his complaint to Rajkot Police Commissioner H P Singh that as a paid subscriber, his right to receive the monthly magazine's copy was violated by the seizures of copies made by these officials.
Bhardwaj wants the police to register a cognizable offence for theft, damage and misbehaviour against these authorities. "I am a paid subscriber. Seizing my copies and other paid copies is theft. I will move court if the police do not file FIR," Bhardwaj said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held