‘Criminal’ shot in encounter in Muzaffarnagar
An alleged criminal was shot dead in a police encounter in Fagna area of Muzaffarnagar district on Wednesday morning.
The police claimed that Dharmendra alias Lala was a history-sheeter and carrying a reward of Rs 1 lakh on his head. There are 25 criminal cases against him lodged in different police stations of Baghpat, Meerut, Bijnore and Delhi.
According to the STF official, they were informed on Tuesday that Dharmendra was going to Furgana on a contract killing. On Wednesday morning, the police spotted two persons on a motorcycle. When the police tried to stop them, they opened fire. The police fired in retaliation, in which Dharmendra was killed.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow