‘Depressed’ Badaun S-I shoots self
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Sub-inspector Balveer Singh allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his service revolver in Budaun on Saturday.
Singh, who was in-charge of Myaon police outpost in Budaun, was staying in a rented house. The house is located some distance away from the police outpost.
No suicide note has been found. The police said, Singh (54), was under depression.
On Saturday morning, when Singh did not report at the outpost, a constable went to his residence. He made several knocks on the door which was locked from inside. When the constable did not get any reply, he informed senior police officials who rushed to the place. Through a window officials saw Singh lying on floor with blood oozing out from his head.
Station Officer, Alapur police station, Dev Raj Rathi said they first informed about the incident to Singh's relative staying in Budaun. "The door was opened in the presence of Singh's relative to avoid any controversy", the SO said. Singh's family, settled in Etah, has been informed about the death and they have reached Budaun.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet