‘Embezzlement of funds’: HC notice to Khurshid trust
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The Lucknow Bench of the Allahabad High Court on Friday issued a notice to Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust, which is run by External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife Louise, on a PIL requesting lodging of an FIR for alleged embezzlement of government funds meant for providing assistance to disabled persons during 2009-2010.
The direction came after the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the UP Police, which is conducting an inquiry into the matter, submitted a status report before the Bench comprising Justices Uma Nath Singh and Dr Satish Chandra. The court fixed the next hearing on February 21.
Assistant Advocate General Bulbul Godiyal said the state government had handed over the inquiry to EOW on July 3 last year. Initially, the agency was conducting inquiry into the alleged embezzlement of fund in five districts, but later it was extended to 12 more. She said the agency was probing the alleged embezzlement of Rs 1.30 crore of grant sanctioned by the Centre.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’