‘Embezzlement of funds’: HC notice to Khurshid trust
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
The Lucknow Bench of the Allahabad High Court on Friday issued a notice to Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust, which is run by External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and his wife Louise, on a PIL requesting lodging of an FIR for alleged embezzlement of government funds meant for providing assistance to disabled persons during 2009-2010.
The direction came after the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the UP Police, which is conducting an inquiry into the matter, submitted a status report before the Bench comprising Justices Uma Nath Singh and Dr Satish Chandra. The court fixed the next hearing on February 21.
Assistant Advocate General Bulbul Godiyal said the state government had handed over the inquiry to EOW on July 3 last year. Initially, the agency was conducting inquiry into the alleged embezzlement of fund in five districts, but later it was extended to 12 more. She said the agency was probing the alleged embezzlement of Rs 1.30 crore of grant sanctioned by the Centre.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow