‘Ex-dacoit’ seeks security cover from CM
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Renu Yadav, who was released from jail in May this year — after 7 years — has demanded security cover from Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, alleging that dacoits active in the Chambal ravines are threatening and pressurisng her to join the gang.
To place her demand, the 24-year-old woman met the CM twice in the last two months. "I first met the Chief Minister last month during Janta Darshan in Lucknow. Today I met him for the second time, at his residence. In today's meeting I expressed my desire to join the Samajwadi Party. The CM said he would discuss the issue with the party later," said Renu.
She came to Lucknow along with her uncle Shiv Singh Yadav, who is Zila Panchayat chairman from Kanpur Dehat. She says after joining the party she wants to serve poor women.
Renu added that "the CM's office had passed directions" regarding her security cover in September only, but nothing has been done till now.
Renu was an active member of a group led by slain dacoit Chandan Yadav and surrendered before Etawah police in 2005. A native of Auraiya, Renu is presently staying with Shiv Singh in Kanpur following threat perception. Renu claims she has been exonerated in all 17 cases lodged against her in different districts of UP.
Shiv Singh said: "Soon after being released from jail, Renu started receiving threat calls. Some unidentified persons also approached her with messages from dacoits who asked her to join the gang. She complained about this to senior police officers and government officials but no one took it seriously. She also sent an application in this regard to the CM. After getting no positive response, she decided to meet the CM and came to Lucknow."
Renu claims she was framed by the police in all 17 cases. She says, she was abducted by dacoit Chandan Yadav on 29 November 2003 when she was going to school. She says that at the time of her kidnapping she was a minor. Her father Vidya Ram Yadav complaint about this to the police but they did not register a case.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet