‘Flash mob protests’ on agenda of Cong chintan shivir
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The UPA government is already studying the emergence of the social media and how to deal with it. Information & Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari is learnt to be looking at ways to increase the government's presence and putting the official views across on the social media in a more consistent, cohesive and comprehensive manner.
The attempt is to ensure that any campaign on the medium concerning the government is immediately and adequately responded to, said sources.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet