‘Gas leak’ kills woman, two sons in Ahmedabad
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
A woman and her two sons died early Thursday morning in their house in Gordhan Nagar area of the city reportedly following leakage of toxic gas from an underground drainage line over which their house was built and connected with their toilet.
Ramsingh Shambhusingh Ranavat, the husband of the deceased woman has survived the incident, police said. As per details, it was in the wee hours of Thursday that Ramsingh woke up as he felt trouble in breathing.
He immediately rushed to call in medical help and the family was shifted to a nearby hospital but by that time his 38-year-old wife and two sons, Sarvan (10) and Surendra (14) had died.
The Vatva police, which registered a case of accidental death, are investigating further and referred it to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) as well as to the Gujarat Pollution Control Board. Ranavat runs a grocery shop in the locality opposite Cozy Hotel where a processing unit, M J Textiles, is also situated.
FSL senior scientific officer A V Hinglijia in his preliminary opinion suspected the inhalation in sleep of toxic gas coming out of the toilet as possible reason for death of the three victims.
Meanwhile, FSL and Gujarat Pollution Control Board officials are carrying out investigations and the pipeline along the house has been dug up for ascertaining the source of leakage.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'