‘Heartless’ Sonia Gandhi cruel to poor, says Narendra Modi
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Continuing his attack on Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has described her as a "heartless mother" for failing to express grief for the poor, hit hard by rising prices.
"Madam Soniaji ek vaar to vedana na be shabd vyakt karo, tame to maa chho... aa kevi nirdayta (Madam Soniaji you are a mother, express a few words of grief at least once... what kind of cruelty is this)?" Modi said, addressing a public meeting at Sanand on Tuesday.
Modi accused the Congress of failing to control inflation, the party's campaign promise in 2009. He added that due to inflation the poor are finding it difficult to make ends meet.
Modi reiterated how he has changed the fate of once nondescript town Sanand into a land of car manufacturing. Calling himself a "CM who works like a labourer", he pleaded for another five years while promising to bring more development to Sanand.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM