‘Heartless’ Sonia Gandhi cruel to poor, says Narendra Modi
Continuing his attack on Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has described her as a "heartless mother" for failing to express grief for the poor, hit hard by rising prices.
"Madam Soniaji ek vaar to vedana na be shabd vyakt karo, tame to maa chho... aa kevi nirdayta (Madam Soniaji you are a mother, express a few words of grief at least once... what kind of cruelty is this)?" Modi said, addressing a public meeting at Sanand on Tuesday.
Modi accused the Congress of failing to control inflation, the party's campaign promise in 2009. He added that due to inflation the poor are finding it difficult to make ends meet.
Modi reiterated how he has changed the fate of once nondescript town Sanand into a land of car manufacturing. Calling himself a "CM who works like a labourer", he pleaded for another five years while promising to bring more development to Sanand.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow