‘Hitler took drugs, shots to boost virility’
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Adolf Hitler was apparently a cocaine addict, who ingested some 28 drugs at a time and received injections of bull testicle extracts to bolster his libido.
It is a whole other side to the Nazi dictator, whose poor health condition was revealed in medical documents that are now up for auction online at Alexander Historical Auctions of Stamford.
Bidding for the documents — which include ten X-rays of various views of the dictator's skull, the results of several EEG tests and sketches of the inside of his nose — ends Tuesday and Wednesday.
The cache consists of a 47-page account compiled by his six chief physicians, each specialising in different areas of treatment, and of a 178-page report dated June 12, 1945, which was compiled by Dr Erwin Giesing, while he was interned by American forces.
The US military commissioned the medical reports provided by Hitler's personal doctors, Bill Panagopulos, president of Alexander Autographs the New York Daily News. Among the more surprising notes, Autographs said, was that the dictator used powdered cocaine extensively to soothe his sinuses and throat, and was also prone to passing gas.
In the attempt to control it, the Nazi dictator regularly ingested up to 28 drugs, including "anti-gas" pills which containing strychnine, a poison, "which probably explains his stomach pains," he said.
Hitler also used chamomile plants as a "cleansing enema", the reports said.
One of the doctors, Theodore Morrell, reported that Hitler received injections of extracts of seminal vesicles, testis and prostata of young bulls. "Morrell believes that Hitler, although not strongly inclined to sexual activity, did have sexual intercourse with Eva Braun, though they were accustomed to sleep in separate beds," said one of the papers.
The medical reports are expected to fetch as much as USD 2,000 each.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow