‘Honour killing’: Girl’s body found hanging
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
In a suspected case of honour killing, the body of a 21-year-old girl who had eloped with her lover from Pehowa, Kurukshetra, was found hanging in a room at Laha village in Naraingarh on Friday.
The police suspected that it was not a case of suicide but of murder, and the body was hung after the killing.
DCP (rural) Nazneen Bhassen said during investigation it was found that Komal's family did not want her marriage with Sanju whose family worked as a contractor of orchards and sold fruits.
Sanju told the police that her father, brother and two other relatives had followed them and entered their orchard home, where they beat him and his brother besides two other children of his family.
Dalbir Yadav, the brother of Sanju, told the police that Sanju and Komal had come there a day earlier and wanted to get married. But her family members reached the orchard, thrashed Sanju and other members and took away Komal who might have been killed during the night.
The police have registered a case of murder.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet