ĎIím a Writer without Regretsí
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
I just started banging out stories, articles for magazines, newspapers. We didn't have many publishers then of general books or fiction.
You even wrote Hollywood gossip once.
I did for The Leader of Allahabad, a paper long gone. I was always interested in films, so I would gather information on pictures that were being made, on the activities of the actors and actresses in theatre and films. So I wrote this little column for The Leader. Though I sent it from Dehradun, they would say, 'from our Hollywood correspondent'.
Talking of Hollywood and popular culture, I bet people have asked you about your ≠relation with James Bond, the other famous Bond.
I did have an uncle called James Bond. He was a dentist, not a secret agent. His grave is here in the cemetery. I wrote an epitaph for him: "A stranger approached this spot with gravity, James Bond is filling his last cavity."
I bet your uncle had a sense of humour. You might have to do some answering.
I hope he had. I never met this uncle but had heard about him. I have brought in uncles and aunts to stories whenever I have run out of ideas. When I run out of relatives, I invent ghosts.
Well, we stand outside St Paul's church, the oldest anywhere.
It was built in 1840 or so.
You are not a particularly religious person. You are not going to be found in a place of worship often.
Very rarely, and more out of interest in the historical importance of a church or some place of worship. It's not that I am irreligious. I would rather look for god in a forest or on a hillside.
Talk about some of your discoveries when you thought you found god looking at hills and forests.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held