'Is Sanjiv Kumar a whistleblower? The answer is yes and no'
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
It is alleged that when Sibal refused to modify or replace the lists, she was transferred and was replaced with Sanjiv Kumar on July 11, 2000, with the approval of Om Prakash Chautala. Kumar was given additional charge of directorate of primary education with an understanding that he would prepare a second set of award lists...
It is alleged that Kumar took out the original award lists from the almirah in the middle of August 2000 and asked his PA and office superintendent to check how many scheduled caste and backward class candidates exceeded their vacancies and are were selected in the general category. (They) could not reach any conclusion and those lists were returned to Kumar. Prosecution claims that this shows that actually the original award lists had been taken out of the almirah prior to September 16, 2000, when a drama of desealing the almirah and taking out the award lists in presence of six members of the result compilation committee was enacted. As per investigation, the new set of award lists had already been placed in the almirah and these new lists were sent... the appointments were given on the basis of the new and fake award lists soon thereafter...
To sum up, whereas (Sanjiv Kumar and four other accused) have taken the stand that the directorate lists are the genuine lists, most of the chairpersons and members of the district level selection committees support the prosecution version and assert that the Supreme Court lists are the genuine lists and the directorate lists are the fake lists and that these fake lists were prepared by them, not voluntarily, but under immense pressure from Sanjiv Kumar, Sher Singh Badshami and Vidya Dhar. These accused persons have consistently claimed during the whole trial that they were apprehensive of harm not only to their service but also to their physical safety and their families' lives.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow