‘Kidnapped’ Surat boy found dead, two held
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The body of a 11-year-old allegedly kidnapped boy was found near a water canal at Simada village in Surat on Friday. Police arrested two men in this connection.
According to police, the duo kidnapped the boy 15 days ago for ransom money.
As per details, Heth Bhanderi, a resident of Tulsidarshan society in Varachha, went to a nearby shop on February 1 evening. Couple of hours later, when the boy didn't return home, his father Sanjay, a diamond polisher by profession, searched for him, but in vain. Later, they registered a complaint at Kapodara police station in this connection.
On Friday, police picked up one Jayenti Thummer (19), a resident of the same society, under suspicion.
During preliminary interrogation, Thummer broke down and confessed to have killed Heth, police said. He also disclosed name of his friend Bhalara who was also involved in the kidnap and murder of the boy. The police later recovered the body wrapped in plastic bag near a water canal at Simada village.
Additional Commissioner of Police B S Jebaliya said, "We have arrested two men involved in the case. The motive behind kidnapping was to extract money from the Sanjay. Duo had killed Heth on the next day of kidnapping him."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'