Do not stoop to such low levels: Sunanda Pushkar to Narendra Modi
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Berating Narendra Modi for his remarks against her, Sunanda Pushkar, wife of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor, today asked him to show respect to women and not "stoop" to such level.
Sunanda said she was not expecting an apology from the Gujarat Chief Minister who had over the last 10 years chosen not to express regret for the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
"I have nothing to say to Narendra Modi. A man who has not apologised for killings of innocent Gujarati in his state, how would I expect apology from him," she said when asked if she expects Modi to apologise for his remarks that she was Tharoor's Rs 50 crore girlfriend.
"How can he stoop to something like that. A state which has given Mahatma Gandhi, Sardar Patel, then you have this guy. In a country of such great women like Sonia Gandhi, Meira Kumar you have to have some respect for women," she said.
"Wah kya girlfriend hai. Apne kabhi dekha hai 50 crore ka girlfriend?" (What a girlfriend?. Have you ever seen a 50-crore girlfriend), Modi said at an election rally in Shimla on Monday, in an apparent attack on Sunanda.
Tharoor had taken on Modi tweeting, "My wife is worth a lot more than your imaginary 50 crores. She is priceless. But you need2be able2love some1 2understand that."
On Modi's comment that malnourishment among Gujarati women was because they were fashion conscious, she said "Modi even doesn't know his people, has he gone to those places."
Speaking about the IPL controversy, she said I have given my explanation to the Enforcement Directorate.
"I would like to ask the BJP or anybody who thinks I have this imaginary money, how did it suddenly become Rs 50 crore, earlier the figure was Rs 70 crore. Have they taken Rs 20 crore? BJP needs to figure things out. Show me the money," she said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow