‘Modi a rat compared to Sardar Patel’
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Congress MP Hussain Dalwai, who is a Rajya Sabha member from Maharashtra, on Saturday compared Chief Minister Narendra Modi to a rat.
Addressing a rally here that new I&B Minister Manish Tewari failed to attend as scheduled, Dalwai said there was no comparison between Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Modi.
"While Sardar Patel united the nation, Modi is simply trying to divide people on communal lines," Dalwai said. Mocking Modi for his alleged attempt to project himself as "chhote Sardar", Dalwai said, "But you are like a rat compared to Sardar."
Dalwai also accused Modi of financing the Rashtriya Swayam Sevak (RSS).
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations