‘Modi is CM, can’t compare him with animal’
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
Facing strong criticism from the BJP, state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia on Friday denied that he compared Chief Minister Narendra Modi to a monkey.
"It is wrong to say that I likened chief minister to a monkey. Modi is chief minister of Gujarat. Every CM is honourable for me and hence, we cannot compare him with an animal," Modhwadia told mediapersons at the state party headquarters.
The Congress leader clarified even as he tweeted and termed monkey as "doot (messenger) of Lord Rama", on Friday. "Surpsd the way BJP is crying hoarse over monkey tale. When ppl call Modi lion they feel proud, but Monkey, doot of Lord Rama is insulting2 BJP," he had tweeted.
The Congress leader attacked Modi and said he had only stated that Modi never talked about his achievements in 11 years in the Assembly. And during his Vivekanand Yuva Yatra, Modi never even talked about Vivekanand.
Vadodara BJP MP files complaint against Modhwadia
Vadodara: Vadodara MP Balkrishna Shukla Friday lodged a complaint against Arjun Modhwadia before the district election officer alleging he had made objectionable remarks against CM Narendra Modi and promised sops to voters during a public rally in Vadodara recently. Shukla said Modhwadia had promised to provide affordable houses and laptops, which was a violation of the model code of conduct. Also, his remarks likening Modi to a monkey was a violation of the MCC, he said. District election officer and collector Vinod Rao said, "We are looking into the complaint and will file a report to the chief election officer."
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held