‘Move to shift Air India office Cong conspiracy’
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
The Maharashtra unit of the BJP has opposed the shifting of Air India's office from Mumbai to Delhi, calling it a conspiracy by the Congress to reduce the importance of Mumbai.
"The BJP will oppose tooth and nail any attempt to move Air India's headquarters from Mumbai. It is a conspiracy by the Congress to systematically reduce the importance of Mumbai," senior BJP leader Vinod Tawde said.
Tawde further said that the office of Air India should be fully shifted from Delhi to Mumbai.
There have been reports that Air India top brass is contemplating to move their head office from Mumbai to Delhi to rationalise the national carrier's spendings.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held