‘Objectionable’ remarks: BJP minority cell head held, freed
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
State BJP minority cell president Sufi Saint Mehboob Ali Chisty was arrested by Olpad police Wednesday for allegedly using objectionable language against another section of the community in a mosque a few days ago. He was released in the afternoon following a Gujarat High Court order.
Police said he was arrested from Navetha village in Nabipur taluka of Bharuch.
Sources said on September 23, Mehboob, who hails from Atodara village in Olpad taluka of Surat district, had allegedly used objectionable language in the village mosque against another section of the community.
Some of the people belong to the group lodged a complaint against him at Olpad police station claiming that his language hurt their sentiments. Mehboob had also filed an anticipatory bail in the Gujarat High Court few days ago and its hearing was scheduled on Wednesday.
When Mehboo's lawyer informed the HC about the arrest, it directed police not to arrest him till the next hearing, which is on October 23.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held