‘On Bhatkals’ order, suspects took flat on rent in Kasarwadi to set up base in Pune’
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
- Spot-Fixing: Sreesanth reveals bookies lured India players with cars, women
- Jagan Reddy case: Accused Andhra ministers Sabitha, Dharmana Rao resign
Investigations have revealed that Indian Mujahideen (IM) operatives allegedly took a flat on rent in the Kasarwadi to set up base in Pune as per the instructions by IM founders Riyaz and Iqbal Bhatkal in July 2012.
It was also revealed that the terror suspects allegedly purchased digital watches, circuit boards and other electronic items from the electronics market in Budhwar Peth in July to make the improvised explosive devices (IEDs) for carrying out serial blasts on J M Road.
According to the Delhi police, the terror suspects — Asad Khan, Imran Khan and Sayyed Feroze — got instructions from Riyaz and Iqbal Bhatkal to set up base in Pune in July. The terror suspects also held a meeting at Asad's tour and travel agency office at Katkat Gate in Aurangabad early in July.
Feroze, who hails from Pune, took a flat on rent in Kasarwadi mid-July. A few days later, two IM militants came to the flat with explosives and incriminating material. Feroze went to the electronics market in Budhwar Peth with them to buy digital watches, circuit boards and other electronic items required for making the IEDs. Imran allegedly brought ball bearings for the bombs from Nanded.
Later, when the Bhatkal brothers decided to carry out the blasts in Pune, the suspects purchased three bicycles from the cycle market near Phadke Chowk in Budhwar Peth on August 1 morning. They parked the bikes at the bicycle stand at Deccan bus stop.
The same evening, they left the flat in Kasarwadi with rucksacks containing IEDs. They reached the Deccan bus stop, took out the parked bicycles, placed the IEDs in the front carriers and planted the bikes at three spots on J M Road. Meanwhile, they planted three IEDs at other locations on J M Road and then dispersed.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'