‘Pistol testing’ brings cops to Ponty house
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Shots rang out from inside Ponty Chadha's house here Friday morning, creating a minor flutter, till it was discovered that it was just a relative trying out his new pistol.
Since the huge house is located next to the high-security residence of the senior superintendent of Moradabad district, police officials had rushed to the spot. Nobody was injured, and nothing was damaged in the firing.
A police official confirmed that Chadha and his son don't live at the house but in Noida and that a relative was trying out his new, licensed pistol, and fired a few shots into the air. Investigations are on, but no case has been registered. Chadha's son Monty said: "We don't know much about what happened. Our relatives live in that house."
Initial reports said there had been a "shootout". "Many thought the family had been attacked because of Chadha's proximity to the BSP," said a flower seller who has his stall just outside the house, Ramesh Jain.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'