‘Reinvestigate graft case against 2 cops’
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
The court of Special Judge, anti-corruption branch (ACB), has ordered reinvestigation into a case against two police officers where a closure report was filed by the ACB without completion of investigation.
The case involves two officers of Delhi Police, who allegedly accepted favours from a man accused in a kidnap and rape case.
A closure report was filed by the ACB in the investigation against Delhi Police officers Shahnoor Khan and Manoj Kumar Sharma of Lodhi Colony police station.
The complainant, Harish Chauhan, is the father of the girl who was kidnapped and raped. The girl is no more.
Chauhan had filed a protest petition against the closure report. The girl was kidnapped in 2008 and found by police after extensive investigation in other states.
He had also accused the policemen of taking bribe from the accused to fudge the investigation. The anti-corruption branch has now been ordered to investigate the matter "to its entirety and file a report."
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held