‘Shobhayatras’ held across city to mark Swami Vivekananda’s 150th birth anniversary
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Massive participation was registered on Saturday at various 'shobhayatras' organised across the city to mark the 150th birth celebrations of Swami Vivekanand.
Jayanti Ayojan Samiti organised 12 shobhayatras across the city to propagate the teachings and ideologies of Swami Vivekanand to the people.
The Samiti started yatras from Radha Krishan Temple, Sector 18, Laxmi Narayan Mandir, Sector 20, SD Mandir, Sector 45, SD Mandir, Sector 31, SD Mandir, Sector 37, Radha Krishna Mandir, Sector 40, Thakurdwara Mandir, Manimajra, SD Mandir, Ramdarbar, SD Mandir, Dhanas, Laxmi Narayan Mandir, Daddumajra, Novel Heart School, Naya Gaon, and Police Chowki, Mauli Complex. Shobhayatra passes through the main markets of the various sectors.
According to Ajay Dutta, coordinator of the Swami Vivekanand 150th Ayojan Samiti, the objective of these shobhayatras is to spread awareness among citizens about the philosophy of Swami Vivekanand.
Various NGOs, residents welfare associations and market welfare associations became part of the shobhayatras.
4-day first aid programme ends
A four-day long programme on 'First Aid and Home Nursing Training' being organised by the Indian Red Cross Society St John Ambulance (India) at Shivalik Public School, Mohali concluded on Saturday.
The programme, which was started on January 9 was attended by all the staff members of the school.
The resource person of the programme, Saini, also gave out useful information on burns, scalds, poison, snake and dog bites, and fractures.
Saini also illustrated the management of asphyxia, epilepsy and poisoning by sharing his personal experiences.
Teachers with medical background gave powerpoint presentations on the respiratory system, circulatory system, nervous system, wounds and bleeding, with do's and don'ts.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations