‘Subash Park multi-level parking to be ready by Jan’
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
During proceedings in a writ petition filed by NGO Manushi on Friday, the MCD has told the Delhi High Court that the proposed multi-level parking at Subhash Park, Chandni Chowk, will be made functional in January.
The two-Judge bench of Justices Muralidhar and Ravindra Bhat had on the last date asked the municipal corporation to speed up the process of decongestion of Old Delhi.
The court has also asked the municipal corporation to get help from the Unified Traffic and Transportation Infrastructure (Planning & Engineering) to draw up a proper decongestion plan for the Chandni Chowk area.
The directions came during the proceedings on a writ petition which was filed by the NGO in 2009 to allow rickshaw pullers to ply in all parts of the Capital after the High court had struck down a cap on the number of rickshaws in the city.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations