‘Subash Park multi-level parking to be ready by Jan’
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
During proceedings in a writ petition filed by NGO Manushi on Friday, the MCD has told the Delhi High Court that the proposed multi-level parking at Subhash Park, Chandni Chowk, will be made functional in January.
The two-Judge bench of Justices Muralidhar and Ravindra Bhat had on the last date asked the municipal corporation to speed up the process of decongestion of Old Delhi.
The court has also asked the municipal corporation to get help from the Unified Traffic and Transportation Infrastructure (Planning & Engineering) to draw up a proper decongestion plan for the Chandni Chowk area.
The directions came during the proceedings on a writ petition which was filed by the NGO in 2009 to allow rickshaw pullers to ply in all parts of the Capital after the High court had struck down a cap on the number of rickshaws in the city.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held