‘Tatkare kin selling firms, land bought from kickbacks’
Peasants and Workers Party (PWP) MLC Jayant Patil on Monday claimed that the land and companies acquired by family of state water resources minister Sunil Tatkare through alleged kickbacks in the irrigation scam were now being sold off.
"There has been large-scale selling of land and company shares in Raigad district. All these land and companies have been acquired by the Tatkare family through the ill-gotten wealth from irrigation scam. I request the government to stop these transactions which are being carried out to destroy evidence," Patil said.
He also demanded that the state should not ask officials of the irrigation department to draft a white paper on irrigation schemes. "The white paper should ideally be prepared by a team of two state IAS officers, two IAS officers from the Centre and an official of the Comptroller and Auditor General," Patil said.
Patil was the first to raise concerns over the matter. In June, he had claimed that Tatkare had amassed assets worth thousands of crores by floating more than 150 companies and purchasing thousands of acres of agricultural land across the state.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow