‘Varsha Bhosle used mom’s pistol to kill self’
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The pistol Varsha Bhosle used to end her life belonged to her mother and legendary singer Asha, police said on Wednesday. Asha told police Tuesday evening she had lost the weapon nearly 30 years ago, Gamdevi senior inspector Pradip Lonandkar said.
"Asha had reported to the police wing concerned that the weapon had gone missing from her Peddar Road house 30 years ago. Subsequently, her licence had been revoked," he said.
Varsha (56) shot herself with the Belgium-make 0.6 calibre pistol in the Prabhukunj flat on Peddar Road in South Mumbai Asha shared with her. The body was found in a sofa on Monday. Another officer said it was not clear how Varsha possessed the pistol.
"There are many unanswered questions. Did Varsha hide the pistol? If it was so, why did she want the weapon? Or did Varsha caught hold of the weapon recently?" he said.
Police said Varsha was under treatment of doctors based in Pune for depression for the last two years.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet