‘Wait, Gadkari will soon refute allegations’
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Defending party chief Nitin Gadkari against allegations involving his business firms, BJP national spokesperson Rajeev Pratap Rudy said Gadkari would soon come out with facts to refute the allegations.
While addressing mediapersons here on Sunday, he said, "Right now, the party is deliberating the issue. Gadkari has explained his position and placed the facts before the party". Rudy added that the party would soon find out the truth behind the accusations, and Gadkari would clarify his stand in the alleged dubious funding of the company owned by him.
On the question regarding Gadkari avoiding media during his visit to Himachal Pradesh, Rudy said "The party chief is avoiding media as per the party's strategy. It should not be forgotten that Gadkari volunteered to face any inquiry by the Centre".
Targeting the UPA-led central government, he said that the Centre's wrong policies and inability to check prices had severely affected the state government and people.
Rudy added that Prime Minister Manmohan was responsible for the prevailing situation of price hike, corruption and economic disaster in the country. "All the states are under economic pressure, as the country's economy has failed miserably. The rate at which inflation has shot up in the past five years has been drastic," added Rudy.
He accused the Congress for legitimising black marketing of LPG by rationing cylinders. 2G spectrum, commonwealth games and coal allocation scams had eroded the credibility and integrity of the PM, he said.
Rudy commended the state government for its performance, and termed the BJP's promise made in the manifesto to provide induction heaters as a kind of relief. "It's not an answer to the capping on LPG cylinders, but a relief that the BJP government, on return to power, will provide to all the families," he added.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow