‘Will reveal land policy after Centre enacts law’
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, who has been criticised for not bringing out a land policy, on Thursday claimed that her government has prepared a policy for land acquisition but would not reveal it till she sees the Centre's policy on the issue. "There is a protocol and we have to see the two do not overlap. So we have to wait (till the Centre brings out its land policy),'' she told mediapersons at the Writers'.
Giving an idea of how her land policy would be, Mamata said: "An individual can sell land for whatever purpose he or she wants. But when that land is sold, the farmer will have to file an affidavit that he or she gave the land on their own and there was no coercion.''
"We are against forcible acquisition of land (for industries) and we stick to our stand. The government cannot act as brokers or looters of land. Industrialists should buy land through peaceful negotiations directly," she added.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow