...but miraculous escape for 27-year-old pregnant woman
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Regular wickets keep Sunrisers Hyderabad in the hunt
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
In a miraculous escape, a 27-year-old pregnant woman escaped with minor injuries after the official vehicle of Panchkula SDM Sharandeep Brar turned upside down after hitting her on Sunday afternoon.
At the time of the incident , the SDM was travelling in the car along with her PSO.
According to eyewitnesses, the accident occurred about 1.30 pm when Madhvi, who is six-and-a-half-month pregnant and works at a grocery shop in Sector 26, was crossing the road, and a speeding Bolero, being driven by the SDM's driver Ved Prakash, hit her.
Though the driver tried to apply brakes, the vehicle hit the woman and fell 20-30 metres away after turning upside down.
However, till the filing of this report, the police were yet to register a case in the matter.
When contacted, SHO, Sector 26 police station, Anokh Singh said no complaint had been filed by the woman's family so far. "Therefore, no case could be registered," he added.
All the three occupants of the vehicle — the SDM, PSO Madan Lal and the driver — were also injured. The injured were taken to the Government Multi-Speciality Hospital, Sector 16. While the SDM suffered a hairline fracture on her nose and was recuperating at home, the driver and the PSO were also discharged as they had suffered minor injuries.
Doctors at the hospital said the pregnant woman had suffered injuries on her scalp and bruises on her arms and legs. Luckily, the foetus was found to be safe after a gynaecologist conducted a thorough check-up, said a doctor. She is currently admitted to the emergency wing of the hospital and is under observation for the next 24 hours.
When the SDM was contacted, her mother picked up the phone and said she was still recovering from the trauma and was not in a position to talk.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow