1 arrested, 1 detained for heist, part of loot found
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Weapon, tools found in Khirki house, two members of gang spent Friday night there
Twenty four hours after 7-8 armed assailants robbed a cash van containing Rs 5.25 crore in Defence Colony, police have arrested one person and detained a man named Deepak .
Police said three others have been identified and a search was on to apprehend them. They, however, declined to name the arrested man. Police sources said a 9 mm pistol and an amount of 1.5 crore of the loot has been recovered, but no senior police officer was willing to confirm this.
The detention came after police conducted raids in Khirki Village, South Delhi, based on tip-offs.
On Friday afternoon, a gang of armed men waylaid a van carrying money from ICICI Bank's Hauz Khas branch to its branch in Lajpat Nagar-1.
The men held the four occupants of the van — driver Anil, gunmen Ajab Singh and Munna Singh, and custodian Ashok Singh — at gunpoint, got them off the van and fled in the van.
Munna Singh who tried resisting was shot dead.
Police sources told Newsline that the assailants were part of the UP-based Hari Kishan gang, which has been involved in a number of robberies and murders in the NCR region. Sources said Deepak, who has been detained, is Hari Kishan's brother.
Deepak reportedly told police that the robbery was planned by six members of the gang. A pistol, a hammer and a rod, apart from a major portion of the money, have been recovered from his possession, police said.
Till late Saturday night, police were conducting raids. Senior police officers confirmed that the case has been solved and that the accused will be arrested soon.
Police said Deepak and three others of the gang spent Friday night at a rented accommodation in Khirki Extension's T Block.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’