1.37L Yavatmal farmers get loan relief
Over 1.37 lakh farmers across Yavatmal district have garnered the benefits to the tune of Rs 12.18 crore under the Government-sponsored Panjabrao Deshmukh Interest Concession Scheme (PDICS).
According to Lakshmansingh Katare, District Deputy Registrar (DDR) of Co- Operative Societies, the Government introduced the popular interest concession scheme in 2009-10 for the agriculturists of this district in Vidarbha region.
The scheme envisages interest relief to the farmers availing short-term crop loan if they paid installments within a pre-determined time frame.
During the last three years, 1,37,697 farmers availed the benefits of this scheme. They have been given interest relief to the tune of Rs 12.18 crore, he said.
Under the scheme, the farmers who obtain loan up to Rs 1 lakh and pay back the amount within a prescribed time limit (up to June 30 every year), they get 3 per cent interest concession. Those farmers who obtain loan ranging from Rs 1-3 lakh and pay back the loan in time, are given 2 per cent concession on their annual loan interest.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow