1.72 crore customers using mobile banking facilities: Govt
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Around 1.72 crore people are using mobile banking services in the country and private bank HDFC Bank has the largest number of such customers, the government said today.
As on October 2012, nearly 1.72 crore customers are utilising the Mobile Banking Services among the 42 banks which provide the facility, Finance Minister P Chidambaram said in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.
According to the list, private sector bank HDFC tops with 88.88 lakh customer-base for mobile banking.
HDFC is followed by public sector banks State Bank of India (SBI) and Corporation Bank with 50.92 lakh and 6.75 lakh customers respectively.
Other banks with a large customer base for mobile banking are ICICI Bank (5.49 lakh), Axis Bank (3.51 lakh) and Bank of Baroda (3.17 lakh).
Jammu & Kashmir Bank has only 130 uch customers, while Central Bank of India has 300 customers.
"In order to make mobile banking user-friendly, various efforts have been made for simplification of mobile banking services by the banks," Chidambaram said.
:Mobile banking services are being offered on various access channels viz. Short Messaging Services (SMS), Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Mobile Application, Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) etc," he added.
In addition, the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) had recently launched Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) through its National Unified USSD Platform (NUUP) that allows mobile banking services through a common number "*99#", he added.
"Any GSM mobile user can use mobile banking services in a simple, user-friendly, menu driven manner through NUUP platform. BSNL and MTNL are presently offering the USSD service," the Minister said. PTI SSM
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’