10% reserved staff positions in Central government lying vacant
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
In the Central government jobs, 15 per cent seats are reserved for SCs, 7.5 per cent seats for STs and 27 per cent seats for OBCs. The reason for the low representation of OBCs despite the fact that they have 27 per cent quota is that reservation for this category was implemented only in September 1993.
Moreover, while government departments initiate special recruitment schemes for reserved categories, no large-scale recruitment is done. On the other hand, many ministries have appointed large number of employees on contractual basis. Such appointments do not come under the purview of reservation.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow