10 CNG pumps to come up in 4 months: MLC Joshi
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
MLC Mohan Joshi on Tuesday assured that 10 more Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) pumps would come up in Pune and Pimpri- Chinchwad in the next four months, addressing the problem of scarce pump stations in the area.
Addressing a press conference, Joshi said there had been numerous complaints by the rickshaw operators on the scarcity of pumps. At a recent meeting between Maharashtra Natural Gas Limited (MNGL) and Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) it was decided that within four months 10 CNG pumps will come up in the city and Pimpri-Chinchwad, he added.
Chief Minister Prithiviraj Chavan has directed the civic body to provide place to set up these pump stations. "Since It's CM's initiative, the project will be on track,'' he said.
Joshi said after the intervention of CM and several meetings between the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), MNGL and PMC officials, these pumps are likely to come up in stipulated time frame.
The areas proposed to set up the pumps are Katraj, Mukundnagar vehicle depot, Bavdhan, Mundhwa, Paud Road, Hinjewadi, Chandanagar, Warje, Shivajinagar and Sant Tukaram Nagar in Pimpri.
Joshi said he is following it up with the civic body for the allotment of land to set up these pumps.
Presently, Pune and PCMC areas have 15 CNG pump stations. Even as the district collector had ordered the pumps be operated for 24 hours, only five are following the instructions. "The remaining pumps should face appropriate action,'' said Joshi. He met the collector on the issue, who assured necessary action against the pumps vioating the order.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held