10 get life for murder
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Ten people on Monday were awarded life imprisonment in a murder case which took place on June 10, 2009 near Burewala Engineering College under Naraingarh sub-division.
Additional Sessions Judge Bimlesh Tanwar also fined all the 10 accused Rs 5,000 each. The victim, Vikas, a resident of Nagoli village, was a student of the college. The accused comprised of students of the college and some outsiders.
The accused allegedly nursed a grudge against Vikas and hatched a conspiracy to kill him.
They attacked Vikas near the college and killed him with sharp-edged weapons. His body was thrown in the bushes.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet