100 flights, trains delayed as fog sets in
Nearly 100 flights were delayed and four had to be diverted to nearby airports as the first day of dense fog this year hit Delhi Sunday morning. The Met Department predicted dense fog for the next few days.
Delhi airport had dense fog from 3.30 am to 10 am. Though the situation started improving, shallow fog covered the airport and city throughout the day. "On December 25, dense fog is expected late night and morning," said a Met official.
Passengers were stranded at the airport for as long as 10 hours. Officials said that an international flight and three domestic flights were diverted to Jaipur. Apart from that six flights were cancelled and nearly 100 were delayed.
Train services in northern India were also severely affected because of the fog, causing inconvenience to hundreds of commuters.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations