10-yr-old boy dies after being beaten by teachers in MP
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
A 10-year-old boy, who was allegedly beaten up by two teachers at government primary school at Pathakheda in Betul district, succumbed to his injuries at a hospital here, police said on Wednesday.
Aslam Ansari, a Class IV student who was admitted to Hamidia Hospital in the city, died on Tuesday, they said. Two teachers — Birju Kumar Sonaria and Vijay Ram Bhagat — had allegedly beaten the boy brutally in school on November 16, following which he suffered critical backbone and neck injuries. While Kumar has been arrested, Bhagat is still absconding, the police said. The police registered a case on Tuesday.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow