11 cops die as van falls in well
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Eleven police personnel, including six women, were killed after their van fell into a well near Sapoi village in Jhalod taluka of Dahod on Friday.
"Six of the 11 Gujarat Police personnel who died in the accident were women. Five police personnel including a woman have been rescued," said Jhalod police inspector A B Nagori.
"The driver of the van suffered a heart attack, lost control of the steering and the vehicle slipped into a well when they were returning from Jhalod to the district police headquarters in Dahod after bandobast at Chief Minister Narendra Modi's public rally," Nagori added.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi expressed grief over the loss of life of police personnel in the accident. The state government has announced Rs 10 lakh compensation to the family of each deceased, a press release said.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM