11 Gujarat cops killed in mishap
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Five policemen and six policewomen were killed when their van fell into a well near Sapoi village in Gujarat's Dahod district on Friday.
"Six of the 11 personnel were women. Five personnel, including a woman, have been rescued," said Jhalod police inspector A B Nagori.
"The driver suffered a heart attack and the vehicle ran into a well. The police personnel were returning from a bandobast for CM Narendra Modi's rally," Nagori added.
The Gujarat government has announced Rs 10 lakh compensation to the family of each of the deceased, a press release said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held