11.59am 'best time to make important decisions'
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
If you are about to make a life-changing decision, make sure to do it at 11.59am, experts have suggested.
The best time of the day to make an important decision is 11.59am, experts have suggested.
And the worst time is after 10pm, a survey says.
Late morning decisions are best because the work panic is over but hunger for lunch has yet to kick in, the Daily Express reported.
By 10pm or later brains are drained out from work and bodies are set on going to bed.
Just one per cent of people believe they function at their best after 10pm and would trust themselves to make an important decision then, the study for ticket website thetrainline.com found.
The time of the year is also key, with the most sensible decisions made in the "boring" month of April and the most irrational choices made in December, as at that time, people are panicking about Christmas preparations.
"You should take time to think through the consequences of any critical decision, looking at the pros and the cons with a clear mind," Professor Cary Cooper of Lancaster University told the publication.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM