110-year-old Brit woman credits longevity to whiskey
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
One of the oldest women in the UK, who recently celebrated her 110th birthday, puts her longevity down to a daily glass of whiskey and quitting smoking six years ago.
And each afternoon at her care home in Hull, Dorothy Peel has a sherry.
"I don't drink much at all. In the evening, I drink a small glass of ginger ale but it's a bit too gassy, so I put a bit of whisky in," the Daily Express quoted her as saying.
She met husband Freddie when she was bombed out of her house during the war.
"We were happy, though we didn't have any family. He died before he was 100, I was very sorry when he went," she said.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'