12 districts on swine flu alert in UP
As Delhi's swine flu cases crossed the 400 mark, with nine deaths, the UP health department has sounded an alert in districts bordering the National Capital Region to be fully prepared to fight the disease. The instructions, along with swine flu protection kits, have been sent to 12 districts in the Agra and Meerut divisions, said a senior health official dealing with communicable diseases.
The districts include Gautam Buddh Nagar, Ghaziabad, Meerut, Panchsheel Nagar, Bulandshahr, Baghpat, Agra, Mathura, Firozabad, Mainpuri, Allahabad and Varanasi. The official said the state had sufficient stock of medicines and masks and other disposable items required for dealing with swine flu.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow