12th Pashu Palan Mela launched at GADVASU
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Punjab State Farmers Commission Chairman inaugurates fair, says many farmers are diverting to livestock professions like Dairy, Poultry and Fisheries
Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University (GADVASU), Ludhiana, inaugurated its 12th Pashu Palan Mela on Wednesday with the theme "Kheti Vibhinnta da eh uttam badal, Machhi Palan te Pashu Palan nu karo safal." (The best option of agriculture diversification is to develop fisheries and livestock professions).
Dr G S Kalkat, Chairman, Punjab State Farmers Commission inaugurated the mela. While inaugurating mela, he said that livestock professions are emerging as noted professions now a day.
A number of farmers are diverting towards Dairy, Poultry and Fisheries as full fledge profession. These professions also offload the burden of agriculture.
The vet varsity is doing well in the field of animal and livestock care. Dr B S Dhillon, PAU V-C, the was guest of honour on the occasion.
Dr V K Taneja, GADVASU vice-chancellor, said that diversification within the livestock professions is also a need of the hour. Not only dairy farming but fisheries, poultry, piggery and goat farming are the fine diversification options in livestock.
Value addition of Products may diversify these professions in a different mode. We are conducting a number of efforts to explore the new avenues in livestock professions.
We can develop a number of value added products from a single raw product, it increases demand and scope of marketing many times. GADVASU showcased all his research, education and extension programmes at the Pashu Palan mela for the benefit of livestock farmers.
Taking place twice a year in March and September, it brings with its zest and excitement. This two-day event at the mela ground of GADVASU provides a platform for farmers, scientists, extension workers, dairy officers, fodder & fisheries officers, various veterinary pharmaceuticals and agri-business firms and the banking sector to show their experience and information on the latest knowledge, technologies and schemes which have come up in the livestock sector.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'