12-year-old dies in road accident
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
A woman was injured while a 12-year-old boy was killed on Wednesday after a car rammed into the scooter they were riding on, at the Railway Station light point.
A PCR vehicle took the two injured to the Government Multi-Specialty Hospital in Sector 16 (GMSH-16), where Ashish — son of a daily wager — was declared dead on arrival. The injured woman, Krishna, was referred to PGIMER and is a salesperson who employed Ashish as a helper.
After preliminary investigation, the driver of the car, Sandeep Kumar (40) was arrested on charges of rash driving and causing death by negligence.
As per police, Ashish was on his way to Manimajra with Krishna when a car hit them at the light point.
Ashish was living with his brother Sushil Kumar and father Baijnath, both daily wagers. The police informed that though he had taken admission in school, he seldom attended classes.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations